Monday, December 24, 2007

Eat, Drink and Be Merry

It is Christmas Eve and it is usually the time when I tell you to enjoy
the holiday but don't over-indulge.

Well, I am not going to do that this year.


I am sure that you have read about it in every magazine and health website you have been to in the the last month - "enjoy in moderation"and "stay away from processed treats". I am also sure that most of us will endulge anyway - have that extra piece of pie and one too many egg

Guess what? That's OK. That's right, it is OK dip into the Christmas cheer and the answer is simple...


If you follow the 80/20 rule, you can enjoy all the fruits of the holidays! How? Because you are being health conscious 80 percent of the time and throwing caution to the wind the other 20 percent.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that you should stuff your face with treats for 7 days straight. I am just trying to say that a few days of excess is not going to make or break you. Sharing a beautiful meal is what brings families together over the holidays - so enjoy it guilt free knowing that you spent 80 percent of the year consuming a nutritious and healthy diet.

Have a safe and happy holiday


Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's Been A While

I want to appologize for disappearing for the last month or so. I just started a new full time job that I love (yay) but I am left with much less time at the end of the day. My fibromyalgia has also been acting up and I haven't been feeling my best. OK, these are excuses but I think they are valid ones. However, I promise to post at LEAST once a week to keep you up to date on what is hip and cool in fitness. Thank you again for your support and love :)

Have a great weekend



Related Posts with Thumbnails