Here are my top 5 gym bag essentials that will help you cruise through your next workout.
5. Shoes - You want to try several different brands and styles to ensure that you have the right fit. You also want your shoes to suit the type of activity you are doing: Cross trainer are great for a gym workout but running shoes would be best for, well, running.
4. Water Bottle - I think this one goes without saying as we all know by now how important it is to stay hydrated when we exercise. Try to get a bottle that is made of stainless steel or BPA-free plastic.
3. Towel - Many gyms provide towels to clean equipment but I think it is a great idea to have one just in case. You may also want to clean yourself up during or after your workout.
2. MP3 Player - Music is a great way to stay motivated during your workout. You can also download some great exercise podcasts and videos to use during your workout.
1. Touch Up Kit - OK, maybe this is more than one thing but it is great to have if you are going out after your workout. My kit includes deodorant, lip gloss, body spray and face powder.
So, what is in your gym bag?