I just thought I'd let you know about the site at http://www.12daysoffitness.com where over 200 of the world's leading fitness experts are GIVING AWAY diet plans, workouts, videos, audios and reports about practically every aspect of getting and staying in great shape.
As it's all free I thought you might like to check it out at http://www.12daysoffitness.com and get your name on the list!
Check it out and tell me what you think!
Sunday, November 02, 2008
There are so many energy zappers out there: stress, a hectic lifestyle and a poor diet to name a few. However, there are ways to put some spring back in your step. Follow these 6 tips and you will have more pep in no time!
- Get Some Sleep - Everyone is different but anywhere between 7-9 hours usually does the trick. Try to go to bed the same time every night and wake up at the same time everyday (even on the weekends). Good quality sleep is important. Sleep in complete darkness and don't drink right before bed so you can avoid nightly bathroom trips.
- Get your B's - Poor levels of vitamin B can cause fatigue and sleep disturbances. Ask your doctor or nautropath if you could benefit from taking this supplement
- Move it! - We all know that exercise is good for us but did you also know that being active just 30 minutes a day can help increase energy levels and improve your mood? Go for a walk after dinner or practice yoga in the morning.
- Relax - Taking a break is just as important as exercising. Make sure you take at least 1 hour a day to yourself to recharge your batteries. Read a book, watch TV or spend some time with family.
- Eat Fresh - Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables, lean meats and whole grains everyday. Avoid processed foods which are often loaded with additives and sugar - too much sugar can make you lethargic and down.
- See the Light - Spend some time in the sunshine. The light is a natural mood booster and energy enhancer. Extra bonus: the Vitamin D is good for your bones :)