It is the New Year and you have made a vow to get fit but things are crazy at the office and you do think that you will have time to workout.
Well, think again!
You can workout at you desk right in your office. By doing short bursts of aerobic activity, muscle strengthening and stretching, you will reduce the back pain and headaches that can be caused by sitting at your desk for long hours. When you are sore and tired, you are less productive. Here are a few exercises you can do to help you make it through another workday with more energy!
- Pretend to jump rope for 1 minute on both feet then alternate from left to right for 1 minute
- On your way to the copier, take the stairs 2 at a time. Run back down and repeat 3 times.
- Stand up and jog or walk in place for 1 minute.
- Contract your abdominals and gluts while you are at your computer for 30 seconds. Repeat 10 times
- Place your hands on the edge of your desk. Walk back about 3 feet and do 15 push ups.
- Stand against the wall and slowly walk your feet away as you come down into a squat position. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Drop your head gently into the centre of your chest and roll from left to right.
- Sitting in your chair, reach both hands up to the ceiling and hold for 16 seconds. Then, extend both arms to the left and then to the right.Inhale as your lift your shoulders up to your ears and create some tension. Exhale and drop your shoulders to relax. Repeat 8 times.