We are smack-dab in the middle of winter.
It is cold. It is dark.
It is very easy for kids to sit in front of the TV where it is comfy and warm instead of venturing outdoors to play.
While there have been some days where it has been much to cold to play safely outside, there are many beautiful winter days that are perfect for activity.
So, how do you pry your children away from the video games?
Here are some fun winter activities that you can do with your kids:
- Explore Nature - Winder is a wonderful time to go for a walk and learn about the world around you. Take a trip to you local park and talk to your kids about the birds and the trees.
- Sleigh Bells Ring! - Tobogganing is great fun for parents and kids alike. Just grab your sled and head for the nearest hill!
- Around the Rink - Whether it is indoors or out, skating is great exercise. You can also sign the kids (and yourself) up for hockey or skating lessons.
- Be A Builder - There is great fun right in your own backyard. Help your kids make a snowman or build a snow fort. You can even have a snowball fight :)
- Go Cross Country - Snowshoeing and skiing are great for a whole body workout and give your kids the chance to see new places in your city.