Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Dangers of Procrastination

I am the first to admit that I am a procrastinator. I have every intention to post wonderful information for you every week but just like everyone else, I put off today what I can do tomorrow.

I also get distracted by other things like work, activities and facebook (yes, I am addicted).

Then something came to me.

Many people put off getting fit just like I put off writing.

Now, I love writing. I love to share what I know in the hopes that it will inspire others. But I also have times when I get stuck, I have no idea what to write about, I get frustrated and don't write at all.

I think people feel this way about changing their lifestyle. For the most part, they know what they need to do. They know they will feel better if they get moving. But then they fall of the wagon, lose their drive and figure they can put exercise off for yet another day.

What a waste of time.

You know that in the time that we (myself included) considered, dreaded and put off our activity, we could have had it done with time to spare!! Very often the procrastination takes way more time than the thing that you are trying to avoid.

Today's Lesson: Just do it!

I am writing this blog, I stopped thinking about it and now it is almost done. I want you to stop putting off your health goals and start right now. Go for a walk, head to the gym, get creative with recipes for a healthy dinner.

Now stop reading this and get going.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy Simmons! I'm also Tracy Simmons. This popped up in my goole alerts today and I thought for a minute (from the headline) that I could have written it myself. Just do it! I have to keep reminding myself, as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails