Sunday, June 22, 2008

4 Easy Meals (for Breakfast)

My entire childhood (and much of my adult life) was spent NOT eating breakfast. I had a glass of chocolate milk almost every morning as a child (at least I had something) and that quickly changed to coffee as an adult. The last thing I wanted to see when I got up was food. However,I used to have a very hefty lunch and would snack all the way to bedtime.

Hmmmm, maybe if I ate breakfast, I wouldn't be so hungry later in the day.

It wasn't easy but I had to re-train my brain and tried to eat a little earlier everyday. Now, I can't wait to eat when I get up!

I know you are busy in the morning. I am not going to preach to you on how important breakfast is, but I am going to give you some really easy, fast and balanced meals for you to try:

Breakfast Smoothie
All you need here is a blender and your favourite ingredients. It is great for people who do not like to eat in the morning or are in a hurry because you can take it to go. Here is a great one: 1/2 cup milk (or soymilk), 1 scoop of protein powder, 3 ice cubes, 1 tbsp of flax seeds, 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

Yummy Yogurt
Another great one when you are on the run. Take 1/2 of plain yogurt, 1 scoop of protein power, 1/2 berries, and 8 almonds

Cereal 
OK, sometimes cereal gets a bad rap but if you buy a whole grain, high fibre cereal it can be a great choice. Have 1/2 a cup of cereal and add milk and your favouite fruits.

Awesome Eggs

Eggs are a great source of protein to fire you up for a busy day. Make 2 eggs anyway you like and add some veggies left over from last night's dinner. Have with a slice of whole grain toast and a glass of milk.
    Are you hungry yet?

    Stay Healthy,
    Tracy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails