Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Zzzzzzz

I am right in the middle of my vacation (woo hoo) and I have to tell, boy, did I need to be on vacation.

The last few weeks have been so hectic and it was getting to the point where I was so worn out that I was feeling completely unproductive. I wasn't getting very much sleep and when I finally got some rest, I woke up feeling groggy and gumpy. Has this ever happened to you?

We often get so caught up in family, work and other obligations that we neglect to give our bodies the rest that they need. Here are some tips to help you get some well deserved sleep:

  • Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning.
  • Sleep in complete darkness. If you have an LED clock, cover it up so the light doesn't distract you.
  • Do no drink or eat at least 2 hours before bedtime. This will allow the body to completely relax and not have to worry about digestion. It may also prevent the middle of the night trips to the washroom.
  • Take a bath with an essential oil such as lavender before bedtime. Lavender has been know to help encourage relaxation.
  • Avoid stimulating activities such as the television or computer before bedtime, try listening to calming music instead.
  • If you really can't sleep, get up and do something else. Lying in bed will just make you frustrated. Read a book or journal your thoughts. Clearing you mind may help you relax.
    Are you feeling sleepy yet?

    Stay Healthy,
    Tracy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails