Wednesday, April 15, 2009

5 Healthy Snacks

Source

I love to eat. There, I said it. I love food.

I eat often, about every 3 hours or so and I must admit that it is often tempting to grab a bag of chips or a granola bar.

However, I know if I reach for those snacks I am going to crash and burn. Their high sugar content will temporarily satisfy me but I know an afternoon of fatigue is soon to follow.

A better idea: A snack that has a combination of carbohydrates, fats and protein.

This type of snack will keep your energy up until your next meal. So when it is 2 hours until dinner and your tummy is growling, reach for these before you eat that last Easter Bunny :)

All snacks adapted from recipes at Truestar Health

  1. Yogurt Parfait - 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1 tbsp of chopped almonds.
  2. Fruit and Cheese - 3/4 cup of strawberries, 3 oz. of nonfat cheddar cheese.
  3. Banana Smoothie - 1/2 of a banana, 6 oz. of water, a scoop of protein powder, 1 tsp of flaxseed oil.
  4. Cottage Cheese & Fruit - 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pineapple slices, 10 almonds
  5. BBQ Soynuts - 28 g. serving
Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails