Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Boost of Protein

Source

While I try to meet my body's nutritional needs through actual food, this is not always possible. Life gets busy and sometimes a girl needs to supplement, especially at breakfast.

Enter protein powder.

Breakfast was a meal I could never get into. The last thing I wanted to do when I first got up was eat. Knowing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I was so happy when I discovered that I could "drink" my meal. Smoothies are one of my best friends in the morning and adding protein powder gives them an extra boost.

My all-time favourite is TrueSTRENGTH. It is a whey protein powder with a nice vanilla flavour, no aftertaste and blends beautifully.

What is your favourite protein powder? Do you prefer whey, soy, rice or hemp protein?

Stay healthy,
Tracy

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the protein powder when necessary. I like Jay Robb. I really haven't tried very many to be honest though. Kind of costly to test out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be very costly, I usually try out new ones when they are on sale :) I haven't tried Jay Robb, I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails