Tuesday, May 22, 2012

4 Ways to Relax

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend!

I spent mine looking at this:



























I mentioned before that the last few weeks have been crazy and I really enjoyed the time with friends and family.

As I was sitting in the sun, I thought about how easy it is to get caught up in the day-to-day business and never take the time to just sit and enjoy the moment.

Relaxing is truly an art and many of us find it hard to do.

There is also the misconception that it has to cost a lot of money (think spa days, massages, vacations etc.)   However, there are many fantastic things you can do to create your own zen for little or no cost.

Here are just a few ideas:

Enjoy a hot bath.
You can have a 20 minute oasis by using Epsom salts and essential oils.

Practice meditation.
One of my favourite ways to meditate is using visualization.  I talked in detail about meditation in this post.

Listen to calming music.
Soothing sounds can really help lift your mood and reduce stress.  My favourite picks can be found here.

Do 30 minutes of deep stretching.
This is great for the mind and the body.  If you want an easy program to follow, check out AM & PM Stretch.


What are your favouite ways to relax?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy



P.S The Online Training Giveaway Winner is...









Congratulations Angela!  
Please contact me tracy (at) committofitblog.com so we can get started on your program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails