I have never been coconut water's biggest fan.
When O.N.E. asked me to do a review on their coconut water, I almost said no as I thought to myself, "I am not going to like this water, so why should I try it."
However, I reconsidered as I thought that perhaps I hadn't given coconut water a fair chance. I have only tasted it a few times so I decided to keep my mind open and give it another try.
Here is a quick run down about the benefits of coconut water (From O.N.E.'s website.)
- Coconut water is the natural water from inside a young, green coconut
- It has been shown more effective in hydrating the body than water
- It is low in calories, fat free and doesn't contain any artificial flavours or colours
- Coconut water provides more potassium than that of a banana
- It contains electrolytes, which our bodies need to replace after exercise
Does O.N.E coconut water live up to the hype? Here are my thoughts:
- The stats are impressive. It is a much better option than many of the sports energy drinks out there.
- The sweetness is just right. It is very subtle, but you know it is there.
- It really did quench my thirst. I often need to down a few glasses of water after a workout, but one bottle of coconut water did the trick.
- The packaging. Very portable and easy to open.
I loved a little less:
- The taste. Although, I have to admit that the taste grew on me, especially if it is ice cold. I may converted yet. :)
They also sent along a few recipes I would like to try and I will keep you posted on the verdict.
Thank you again to O.N.E for giving me the opportunity to give coconut water another chance. To learn more about their products, visit their website.
Have you tried coconut water? Do you love it or not so much?
Disclosure: I received these products for free to review, but the opinions are my own.