Monday, May 14, 2012

Ditching Your To-Do List

Last week was pretty stressful.

You know those kind of weeks where everything seems to happen all at once.

As a result, many of my big plans fell by the waist side.

  • I only got two posts up instead of four.  
  • I didn't get to try the new healthy makeover I was working on.  
  • My 5 planned workouts turned into one
  • My new website remains unfinished

Source






















I could go on, but you get the idea. I didn't have the time or the mindset for any of it.  

I spent the weekend up north and as I was enjoying some much needed down time, I realised that it was okay that I didn't "accomplish" anything last week.  I was doing what I needed to do deal with what was happening around me.  That was my priority last week, not checking a dozen items off my to-do list.

It is truly all about priorities.

Perhaps you have a list of 10 things to do today, but are reminded by your daughter that she needs 3 dozen cupcakes for a bake sale tomorrow. What are you going to do?  

I imagine you are going to forget some or all of the items on your list and get baking and/or shopping.

It is also about losing the guilt of not doing what you set out to do.

After you have baked/bought said cupcakes, you realised that it is too late to get anything else done today.  You start to feel guilty.  You are also frustrated with yourself that you hadn't dealt with the cupcakes sooner.

Sometimes we forget things. Sometimes we are faced with unexpected issues.  Sometimes we just have to deal with life as it happens.

We can't always do everything and be wonder women.  (Most of the time, but not always :).  We have to take care what is most important to us and let the rest fall into place.  

How do you deal with surprise changes to your daily routine?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy



P.S. I discovered yesterday that there was something wrong with my comments section (I was wondering where all the entries were :), so I have extended the Online Personal Training Giveaway until next Monday. I think that issue has been resolved, but please let me know if you are having trouble commenting. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails