Monday, July 02, 2012

Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Dough Balls

I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day! I am sure many of you are still celebrating with a day off today.

I had to work this weekend, but I still managed to squeeze in a little lounge time to enjoy the lovely weather.

I also managed to squeeze in a little bake time.

wanted to create a healthy dough ball using a ripe banana that was past it's prime.  Sure, I could have made some banana bread or soft serve, but I wanted something portable that I could take with me in my travels.

These are super easy to make (only one bowl required) and turned out great. 
The secret is this: Refrigerate your dough.

I have seen this tip in quite a few blogs and it really works!  It really helps all the flavours mesh and makes the dough much easier to handle.















Banana Chocolate Chip Dough Balls (Makes 14 Balls)
Adapted from Pattycake

2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp maple extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well incorporated.  Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.Form dough into balls and bake for 12-15 minutes.  Allow to cool and enjoy!












Have you ever made dough balls?  Which ones are your favourite?

Stay Healthy, 
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails