Sunday, November 28, 2010

3 More Crazy Fitness Gimmicks

Source
Last winter, I did a post about some of the crazy fitness gimmicks that I have come across online and on TV. Since there are so many great gadgets out there, I thought I would do another installment.

And away we go...

Craziest Gimmick # 3: The Thighmaster
One of the biggest informercial products of the 90's, the thighmaster promises to tone your thighs, abs and even your arms. While the product does offer some resistance, there are no options to increase the intensity of the workout or allow for a greater range of motion in exercises.

Craziest Gimmick # 2: The Hawaiian Chair
The Hawaiian Chair "takes the work out of your workout" while you sit in a swiveling seat that is meant to simulate a hula-hoop. As appealing at it may seem to have a sit-down workout, I have to say that I am a bit skeptical (to say the least) about its ability to provide any aerobic benefits.

Craziest Gimmick #1: The Shake Weight
What can I say about the Shake Weight that hasn't already been said? Even if there were any benefits to using this product, no one could ever get over the "ridiculous" factor.

What do you think? Did I miss your favourite fitness gimmick? Post away!

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails