Wednesday, June 06, 2012

4 Tips for Promoting Your Business at an Event

After a few crazy weeks, I think I am finally back to a semi-normal blogging schedule. This makes me happy, I have missed it. :)

In all the craziness, I forgot to share another event I went to a couple weeks ago.































I was at the Etobicoke Momprenuers Showcase.  It was a great opportunity to get my business out there and do some networking.  You may recall that I attended the event last year and really enjoyed it.

Today, I wanted to share with you some of the things I have learned from the various events I have been a part of over the last year.


Don't try to fill your table with every piece of promo material you have.  Last year, I crammed my table with everything I could find, from business cards to the Canada Food Guide. People get bombarded with information at these events, so less is always more.  Have your business cards and perhaps a flyer outlining your services.

Do have information that speaks to your success and professionalism.  I put together a simple slide show this year to highlight some client testimonials and give the opportunity for people to see me in "action".

Giving away something for free isn't always the best promotion strategy.  I actually used to think that this was a great way to entice.  However, it has not proved to be very fruitful for me. (If it works for you, I would love for you to share your story). Instead, I just invite people to sign up for my newsletter.  This tells me that they are truly interested in learning more about my services.

You never know how many people are going to come to an event, so be prepared for everything.   Make sure that you have enough materials so you don't find yourself running out of business cards at the end of the day.  Conversely, you may not get as many people as expected, so really pay attention to the potential clients you do get to speak with.

Have you ever promoted your business at an event?  What worked for you and why?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy



P.S In an ongoing effort to simply, I am combining my Facebook pages.  I will be removing my Commit to Fit page so if you would be so kind as to "like" Custom Fit Consulting, that would make me ever so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails