It has been about 10 years since I have been to this particular conference and I was really looking forward it it.
I wasn't disappointed.
I was there for two days and had the opportunity to meet some great people and attend a variety of workshops from partner yoga to keeping kids healthy.
Much like the CanFitPro Conference I attend every year, there was a lot of information to absorb, but I wanted to share with you some of my key learnings (I have also included a link for more information about the presenter, if available):
- It is so important to evaluate individual client needs through a full exercise assessment.
- Yoga is fantastic with a partner and Thai massage feels wonderful. (The Yoga House)
- You can get a full body workout using only a few long straps. (FKCI)
- Being mindful is more about recognizing that we have all kinds of thoughts, rather than trying to push them away. (Healing Life)
- Our kids are not moving enough. We have to do what we can to help.. (Active Healthy Kids)
I was also able to check out some of the latest and greatest equipment.
I am really like the Reebok Deck. I tried it in one of the workshop and I think that it would be great for circuit training.
I will definitely be volunteering again next year! :)
What did you do this weekend?