Monday, June 04, 2012

CPTN Fitness Conference Highlights

I had the pleasure of volunteering at the CPTN Dare to Be Excellent Conference this past weekend and I have to tell you that it was an amazing event of fitness, networking and fun!

























It has been about 10 years since I have been to this particular conference and I was really looking forward it it.

I wasn't disappointed.

I was there for two days and had the opportunity to meet some great people and attend a variety of workshops from partner yoga to keeping kids healthy.

Much like the CanFitPro Conference I attend every year, there was a lot of information to absorb, but I wanted to share with you some of my key learnings (I have also included a link for more information about the presenter, if available):


  • It is so important to evaluate individual client needs through a full exercise assessment.
  • Yoga is fantastic with a partner and Thai massage feels wonderful. (The Yoga House)
  • You can get a full body workout using only a few long straps. (FKCI)
  • Being mindful is more about recognizing that we have all kinds of thoughts, rather than trying to push them away. (Healing Life)
  • Our kids are not moving enough.  We have to do what we can to help.. (Active Healthy Kids)

I was also able to check out some of the latest and greatest equipment.
























I am really like the Reebok Deck.  I tried it in one of the workshop and I think that it would be great for circuit training.

I will definitely be volunteering again next year! :)

What did you do this weekend?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails