Tuesday, January 10, 2012

3 Ways to Deal with Your Worries

I am a worrier. 

I have been since I was a little kid.  My Mom used to tease me and say I would worry if I didn't have anything to worry about.

As an adult, I'd like to think that I am able to better deal with worries. This is not to say that I don't ever worry about anything, rather I have found ways to put most my fears in perspective.

Keeping your worries in check is a good thing, as it can negatively affect your health by causing anxiety which could lead to:
  • Headaches
  • Nausea
  • Muscle aches and tension
  • Fatigue
  • And much more!
Source

Here are a few tips to help you deal with your worries.






















Talk to your healthcare professional.  Talking to your doctor is a great place to start.  They will help assess your situation and recommend the next steps you should take (like counseling, for example).

Write down/talk about your concerns.  Writing down your worries and seeing them in front of you can really help you deal with them.  Alternately, you may want to talk about your fears with a trusted family member or friend.  Often times worries are not nearly as scary as we thought when we actually take the time to analyse them. 

Meditate and/or relax.  Just taking 10-15 minutes to relax and take a few deep breaths can do wonders.  They can both help reduce anxiety and help you find some inner calm. 

Are you a worrier?  How do you deal with your worry?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails