Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Favourites: Fitness DVDs

We finally got some snow today.  Just a light dusting, but I am sure there is more to come.

As you know, I do most of my workouts at home (with the exception of teaching classes and heading outdoors for a walk or run).  I have done reviews on Turbo Fire and P90X, but I thought I would share with you a few of my other favourite exercise DVDs (both of them under $20, bonus!)




























Aim True Yoga
I just got this one before the holiday and was so glad I was able to give it a test drive.  There are three workout on this DVD:  Beginner's Practice, Authentic Flow and Five Favourites (an introduction to some popular yoga poses).

I did the 45 minute Authentic flow and let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart.  It is a very active practice, which includes quite a few balancing postures (this is a good thing as it is something I need to workout on.)

Overall, I really enjoyed the workout (I am a big fan of vinyasa) even though I tend to like my yoga more on the restorative side.


























Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink
I strayed away from my usual Stott Pilates workout to give this DVD a try.  Mari Winsor is a pilates pro so I knew I would be in good hands.

This 50 minute workout is divided into three parts:  Abs, Upper Body and Lower Body.  I really liked the pace of the workout and there were many exercise variations offered, so I could choose the best ones for my fitness level.  I was also happy to see an upper body workout was included as it can often be left out in many pilates classes.

Overall, I enjoyed this workout as a nice variation of my usual practice.

Which DVDs are you loving right now?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails