Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Passport to Prana: Leewi Yoga

I haven't used my Passport to Prana since the fall and last Sunday I thought it was high time I got back into the yoga game.

We decided to take a 75 minute Hot Fusion Flow class at Leewi Yoga in Mississauga.

















Leewi Yoga is a beautiful little studio.  The decor is beige, with yoga inspired art throughout.  The change rooms were huge with lockers and showers (a big plus after taking a sweaty yoga class). 

We arrived early to fill out our paper work and then headed into the yoga room to snag a spot. The room was large enough to hold about 20 people comfortably and yoga blocks and straps were provided.

Jesse, our instructor, introduced himself and asked if there was anyone new to practice.  He also talked a little about his approach to yoga as well as giving us an overview of the class format.

The class incorporated a vinyasa flow, balancing postures, a long stretch and guided relaxation.

(I didn't get to take any pics of the studio as I just bought my new camera before class and it needed to be charged. Next time for sure!)

Here are my thoughts:

What I Liked 
  • Jesse.  He was funny, friendly and very down to earth.  He encouraged us to listen to our bodies and offered modifications to all of the exercises.
  • The balance of powerful postures and stretching/relaxation. This is my favourite kind of class.
  • The overall vibe of the class.  It was warm, welcoming and the energy in the room was positive.

What I Would Have Liked
  • Music. I like a little light music in the background when I practice, but I am noticing more and more that many studios go without.
  • While I really enjoyed the balance of the class, I would have liked the poses to flow into each other a little better.
  • Some follow up after class.  No one at the studio offered to give us any information about their programs, asked us if we enjoyed the class or invited us to come back again.

Overall, I really enjoyed this class and the feel of this studio.  They offer over 10 different kinds a yoga and I have my eye on the meditation and anusara-inspired classes.

What new classes/studios have you tried lately?  Do you prefer to practice yoga with music or without?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails