Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Different Ways to Set Your Goals

Happy New Year!

I know I am a few days late, but I have been fighting off a nasty cold.  I am feeling much better, but the sniffles just seem to want to linger on. :)

As a result, my Inspiration Board is not quite ready yet.  However, I'm not going to leave you empty handed today.  Before the big reveal, I wanted to talk about goals in general.

Now, I think that you can and should set goals at anytime of the year.  However, if the start of a new year is your motivation to make positive changes, I am all for it.

Many of you know, I have changed my approach to goal setting.  In a nutshell, I think everyone need to find their own way.  Some people need to write everything down and meticulously plan every task 6 months in advance.  While others may approach what needs to be done week by week, even day by day.



Personally, I like the visual approach.  Of all the tools I have ever used (I have tried just about everything), creating an inspiration board (and updating it as needed) has been the best.  It keeps me focused and motivated with a daily reminder of what I would like to achieve.

Here are a few other ways to attack goal setting (daily tasks, to-do lists or whatever you would like to call them) that are a little bit different.






















Vlog about it!  You could create a video of you committing to your goals or you could make a slide show of all of the things that inspire you to achieve this year.

Put Pen to Paper.  In a digital world, something has to be said about physically writing down your ideas and aspirations. Use crayons and construction paper or markers on chart paper.  Do whatever feels right to you.

Photograph it.  Instead of looking for pictures online and in magazines, get out there and take your own.  Snap pics of everything that moves you from nature to billboards and create your own collage.

Did you make any resolutions this year?  How do you approach your goal setting?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails