Thursday, December 22, 2011

30 Minute Workout: Run Interval

 Whew.  It has been one whirlwind of a week.  So glad to have a few days off for Christmas.

I am also glad to finally get in an outdoor run tomorrow.  It has been way to long since I have been out and the weather has been just about perfect for running.

As I have mentioned before, I fall in and out of love with running.  I am also more of a walker/runner.  I tend to do sprints of running as I find it more fun and challenging.

There are many great apps and programs out there to help you with your intervals.  If you are a beginner, I would suggest starting with 4 minutes of walking and 1 minute of running.  As you progress, you can play with this ratio (3:2, 2:3 etc.)

Today, I thought I would share with you one of my favourite running intervals (and some tunes to keep you motivated).  You can do this on a treadmill or hit the streets.  The choice is yours! 








































Run Interval

Warm Up
5 minute walk (King of My Castle - Wamdue Project)

Interval
2 minute run (I Like to Move It - Real 2 Reel)
3 minute walk

3 minute run (DJ's Got Us Falling in Love - Usher)
2 minute walk

4 minute run (S&M Remix - Rihanna f. Britney Spears)
1 minute walk

5 minute run (Running Up That Hill - Elastic Band)

Cool down
5 minute walk (Somebody to Love - Justin Bieber)

Do you train in intervals?  What is your favourite running music)

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails