Tuesday, December 27, 2011

How to Beat the Holiday Hangover

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and got to spend time with family and friends.

Mine was fun and I am pretty sure I have eaten my weight in turkey, stuffing and various goodies over the last few days.

Do I feel guilty about it?  Not at all. 

This is the time of year when we really need to cut ourselves a little slack.  Life is all about balance.  A few days of making merry with food and drink is not going to make or break your otherwise healthy lifestyle. 

However, after a few days, you might find that the body is starting to feel a bit sluggish as it is not used to such copious amounts of comfort food.

Here are a few tips to help keep you feeling your best and we approach even more celebrations for the new year.



 


































Ditch the guilt.  As I mentioned above, you need to give yourself permission to indulge.  It is only once a year, so enjoy. ;)

Drink lots of water.  I think this one is pretty self explanatory.

Do short bursts of activity throughout the day.  When you are feeling tired and full, it is very easy to be content with laying on the couch.   Get up and go for a walk with your family.  Do a quick HIIT workout.  I guarantee you will feel better.

Start your Inspiration Board for 2012.  I will be working on mine this week.  It is a great way to get motivated to make postive changes.

Do you indulge guilt-free over the holidays?  What do you do to beat a holiday hangover?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails