Tuesday, February 07, 2012

3 Ways to Find Inspiration

As determined as we are to accomplish our goals and get things done, sometimes it feels like our get up and go just got up and went.

Maybe you feel frustrated, unmotivated or just plain blah.  I talked last week about the dreaded stay-in-bed syndrome and I am sure it happens more often then we care to admit.

My friend Christine @ Photographic Ramblings posted yesterday about where she finds inspiration and it got me thinking about the things that inspire me.

I was sitting at the coffee shop on a gloomy day last week when I noticed this:

































The sun peaked through the clouds for about a minute and I managed to snap a pic.  In that moment, I felt instantly energized.   It reminded me that the light is always there, even if it is hiding.

Having a hard time seeing the light?  Here are few tips that work for me:

A change of scenery.  Do you work at home?  Pack up your stuff and head to a local coffee shop or the library.  At your work desk all day?  Go for a walk a lunch to clear your head.  Moving to a different environment, even briefly, can do wonders for your state of mind.

Spend time with loved ones.  Talk about how you are feeling.  Find out what inspires your friends and family. A new point of view can help you see things from a fresh perspective.

Visualize it.  You know I am big fan of the inspiration board, but their are other ways to see it.  Maybe you have a few websites that you visit that a filled with hope or perhaps you feel inspired when you simply close your eyes and imagine it.  

How do you find inspiration?  What inspires you?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails