Monday, February 13, 2012

Excuses, Exercise and Making Changes

























I posted this quote on Twitter earlier today and among other things, it really makes me reflect on exercise and healthy living.



Most people I know who truly want to take steps to feel better and get active simply find a way to fit it in to their lives.  They wake up early to practice yoga before the kids get up.  They pack a healthy lunch for work.  They schedule in their classes and workouts.

Then, there are people who say they want to make changes, yet manage to find every excuse in the book of why they are NOT exercising or making healthy eating choices.

Now, I am not suggesting that these people don't want to get healthy.  I believe that many of them do.  I  think that there are a number of things preventing them from making positive changes, such as:
  • Feeling overwhelmed
  • Lack of motivation
  • Fear
  • Unsure of outcomes
  • Perceived lack of money and time

I have posted before about 3 Exercise Excuses and how to overcome them.  Today, I would like to take that a step further and invite you to think about WHY you are making the excuses.  Discovering the reason for your excuses may be your first step to overcoming them. 

You can stop finding excuses and start finding a way to make healthy living a part of your world.

What do you are the reasons for many health-related excuses?  Do excuses get in your way of making changes?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S. This it is my 450th post!  Wow. When I started blogging almost 6 years ago I could never imagine that I would have gone from 1-2 posts a month to blogging almost daily.  Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails