Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Being Flexible with Your Exercise Routine

I am having a mind-body conflict.

My mind is telling me that I want to break in these babies:

















My body is feeling sore and tired from my workout yesterday.

So which one do I listen to?

If you are like me, you like routine.  You get into a workout groove.

My groove involves alternating swimming and running.  I swam yesterday so my mind is telling me that today is a running day.

However, if I have learned anything over the last few months, it is to listen to my body and respect what it needs. 

I have also learned as a exerciser (and a trainer), that you have to be flexible with your workouts.

You can't always exercise at the same time everyday.  Some days you can only workout for 20 minutes instead of an hour.  There are other days where you have to take a rest.

And sometimes you just need this: 

























You don't always need to follow your workout routine down to the letter.  What is important is you are actively doing something to take care of your mind and body everyday.

The road will still be there tomorrow.

Are you flexible with your workouts?  Do you listen when your body is telling you to slow down?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails