Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Recipe Repeat: Peanut Butter Balls


I don't have a fabulous new recipe makeover today.

However, following in the footsteps of my friend Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch, I decided to post a recipe that is worth repeating.

I have gotten more comments and feedback about these balls than any other recipe.  They are a fantastic snack, low in fat and have some protein to boot.  They also happen to be vegan.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.  (I think it is time for me to make them again. ;)

I'd like to think that my photography skills have improved :)
























Crispy Peanut Butter Balls (Makes 30)

1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup rice cereal
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.

Mix peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat for 45-60 seconds.  At the same time, combine oat flour, wheat bran, cereal, flax, coconut and chocolate chips.

Remove peanut butter mixture and stir.  If it has not liquefied, heat for another 10-20 seconds.

Pour into dry ingredients and mix with a fork until incorporated.  Take about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and squeeze in your hand to form into a ball.

Place balls on the cookie sheet and freeze for 15-20 minutes.  Store in the fridge.

Nutritional Information (Approx.)
59 calories
3.5 g fat
5.6 g carbs
2 g protein
1 g fibre


Do you have any recipe in your roster that you love?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails