Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Minute Workout: Lower Body Blast

I am so happy to see the sun peak out today (even if it will be gone by dinner time. ;)

Speaking of the season, I have noticed that Christmas is in full effect just about everywhere I go.  From malls to coffee shops, the halls have been decked.

I don't really decorate until the first weekend of December (that is also when I start my shopping), but I really love that everyone is already in the holiday spirit.

Today, I have a fantastic lower body workout for you to try.  It can be done at home or at the gym in less than 30 minutes! (That will give you more time to go shopping).  You also don't need any equipment for this workout, so there are no excuses. ;)

As always, check with your doc before you start any exercise program.
























Lower Body Blast
This workout consist of 6 different exercises.  Perform 2-3 sets of  12-15 reps of each exercise before moving on to the next. Rest 30-90 seconds between sets and always remember to breathe.

Equipment Needed
Resistance Band (optional)
Hand Weights (optional)
Mat

Recommended Music
Sky is the limit here!  What ever kind of music gets you motivated to move.

Warm Up
5 minutes (Walk, knee lifts, kick backs, fitness class-style works well here)

Workout
Runner's Lunges
Squats
Calf Raises
Lying Abduction (outer thigh)
Lying Adduction (inner thigh)
Bridges

Stretch
Do the yoga stretch from this post.

What is your favourite way to work the lower body?
I love runner's lunges ;)

When do you start getting ready for Christmas?
Usually the first weekend in December, for me.


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S.  You may have noticed a few changes in my tabs.  I am in the process of organizing recipes and workouts to make them a bit easier to navigate, bear with me, ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails