Tuesday, November 29, 2011

5 Ways to Find Balance

Happy Tuesday!

This is that time for year where many of us find ourselves short on time. Between shopping and preparing for the holidays, work and other obligations, we are frantically trying to manage our time and find balance (Read: sanity).

I am absolutely no exception to the rule.  I have picked up some seasonal work (and love it), but I am finding myself busier than ever while still finding time to blog and stay connected to the online world.

For example, you may have noticed the lack of postage yesterday. 

At first, I was stressed about it, after all I did commit to 5 posts a week.  When I gave it some thought, I realized that if I need to make some adjustments to my blogging schedule that it totally okay.  I pride myself in quality over quantity and I am don't want to throw up a post just to have something up that day.

So to find my own balance over the holiday season, I may be blogging less frequently (I am aiming for 3-5 times a week), but everything I do post will something that I am truly passionate about.

Looking for a little balance yourself?  Here are a few tips to help you out!

Source






















Time Management
Something that many of us dread.  Figure out who much time you have this week to you have to accomplish your goals (i.e. workouts, chores, baking) and how long it will take you to do each one. 
 
Prioritize
After you manage your time, make a list of all of these to-dos for the week and figure out which ones are the most important and which ones can be placed on the back burner. Take note of the top 5 and slot them in your planner.

Be Flexible
Things don't always go according to plan, so be prepare to roll with the punches and do the schedule shuffle.  If you can't check everything off your list, don't stress.

Ask for Help
Don't be shy to enlist the help of family members and friends.  Maybe you need someone to pick the kids up from school or you need to ask your partner to take on laundry duty this week.  That's what friends are for. :)

Plan for "Me" Time
I have said it many times before, but it is worth repeating.  It is so important to take some time every week to focus on you.  Whether it is 5 or 50 minutes, your body, mind and spirit will thank you.

How do you find balance this time of year?
I am still working on this one, but I am getting there.  Giving myself permission to take a break really helps.

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails