Thursday, November 24, 2011

Recipe Repeat: Apple-Berry Crumble

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

I really wanted to dazzle you with a new recipe today.  However, the screen on my camera is broken and I really think that recipes need pictures to do them justice.

So I will put the new recipe in my back pocket and take this opportunity to share with you another one of my favourite recipes from blog posts' past.

If you are celebrating the holiday today, I think this apple-berry crumble would be a perfect addition to your dinner table.  It's delicious, loaded with fibre and super easy to make.





Apple-Berry Crumble (Make 15 servings)

6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
4 tbsp lemon juice
5 cups of mixed berries (I used 1 bag of frozen strawberries, blackberries and raspberries)
1 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp oat bran
1/3 cup butter

Preheat over to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Mix apples with lemon juice and spread across the bottom of the pan.  Top with berries.

To make the crumble, combine oats, sugar, cinnamon, bran and butter until it clumps in pea-size pieces.

Spread crumble over apples-berry mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Serve warm with frozen yogurt :)

Nutritional Information (Approx.)
131 calories
4.6 g fat
22.4 g carbs
1.1 g protein 
4 g fibre


What are you having for Thanksgiving dinner? 
We celebrate Thanksgiving in October in Canada.  I know I had some delicious food then, but I am a little jealous of those of you feasting. :)

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails