Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Homemade Butterfinger Bites

Sadly enough, we didn't have any Halloween candy at my house.

We live in an apartment and don't get trick-or-treaters, so I decided it was in my best interest (and that of my waist line), not to get any candy.

However, I did make one exception.

I saw this recipe for homemade butterfinger bars from Averie, I knew I had to recreate it.
















They are embarrassingly easy to make and take just like the real thing.
The secret ingredient:  Candy Corn.

These are delicious.  These are addictive.  These are dangerous.

I reminded myself that life is all about moderation and balance as I reached for my third square.;)

They were so good that were almost gone by the the time I snapped a picture of them. I also sprinkled a few with a bit of sea salt.  Yum.

If you don't have any candy corn left, run to the store and buy some before it is gone until next year and make these bars today.




























Butterfinger Bites
Adapted from Love, Veggies and Yoga

1 cup candy corn
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used this organic PB)
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
Sea salt (optional)

Line a small dish with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.

Place candy corn in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-90 seconds until candy is melted. (This can happen really fast, I heated mine in 30 second intervals for the full 90 seconds.)

Immediately add the candy mixture to your peanut butter and quickly stir.  (If it hardens too fast, you can put it back into the microwave for another 10-20 seconds).

Spread mixture on foil and form into a square.  Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  In the meantime, melt your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-60 seconds.  Stir.

Take your bars out of the freezer and cut into 16 squares.  Dip each square in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the sea salt if desired.

Allow chocolate to harden (about 20 minutes) and enjoy!  


 What is your favourite chocolate bar?
Butterfinger is right at the top of my list.  I also love Wunderbar!

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails