Wednesday, November 23, 2011

30 Minute Workout: Upper Body Sculpt

We had a nasty ice storm in Toronto last night so I am very happy to see the sun today!

On a sad note:  The screen on my camera is broke. :(  I turned it on yesterday and the screen is white with black spots.  I don't think this is a good thing.

However, it still takes pictures, I just can't see what I am taking pictures off.  I think it may be a sign that I need to get a new one (perhaps an early Christmas present).

On a happy note:  I have a fantastic upper body workout for you today.  This is going to hit every muscle group and can be done anytime, anywhere.  You are going to love it!

Remember to check with your doc before starting any exercise program.

 













































Upper Body
This workout consist of 6 different exercises.  Perform 2-3 sets of  12-15 reps of each exercise before moving on to the next. Rest 30-90 seconds between sets and always remember to breathe.

Equipment Needed*
Resistance Band
Hand Weights
Stability Ball
Chair
Mat

Recommended Music
Use the music that you love! 

Warm Up
5 minutes (Walk, knee lifts, kick backs, fitness class-style works well here)

Workout
Push Up
Seated Rows
Lateral Raises
Reverse Flys
Triceps Dips
Bicep Curls


Stretch
This is a great 10 minute stretch.  If you only have 5 minutes, jump to the last part of the routine. 

*If you don't have all the equipment, substitute with what you do have.  For example if you only have hand weights, use them for all of the exercises.


What is your favourite way to work the upper body?
Push ups are supreme for me!

Any suggestions for buying a new camera?
I would love to what you think.


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails