Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Resolutions Revisited


















It has been a month since the start of the new year and I thought it would be a good time to do a resolution check.

I set 7 different goals this year and I have to say that I am doing pretty well.   Making an inspiration board was one of the best things I have ever done to help me stay positive and focused.

I have been managing my health and keeping up with my runs (except for a minor sickness setback last week :), blogging every day (and love it!) and have been looking in to some volunteer work.

Achieving your goals can be tough and often seem impossible at times.  Work, family responsibilities and our own doubts can sometimes get in the way.

Here are some tips to help you achieve those resolutions:

Review and Revise
Choose a regular time to review your goals (at the end of the week, the beginning of each month etc.) and check in with yourself.  Have you achieved any of your goals? If so, check them off and set some new resolutions.

Break Down Barriers
After you have taking some time to review your goals, think about any barriers that may be preventing you from achieving them.  Are they too unrealistic?  Are you no longer interested in that particular goal?  Is something standing in your way of making your goals a reality?  Write it all down and figure out what you can do to make these changes.

Reward Yourself
This is so important to help you stay positive and motivated.  Treat yourself to a spa day or take the family out for a fun afternoon adventure. 

This is how I rewarded myself yesterday after a run:






















A berry smoothie and a magazine (A copy Elevate Magazine with my article about new years resolutions *wink*).


Have you been reaching your goals that you set out for yourself?   

What are some tips that you can share about keeping your resolutions?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails