Monday, February 28, 2011

Passion, Determination and Opportunity

Source
  














 If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. ~Milton Berle

As many of you know, I went back to school last year for a career change.  I graduated last June, ready to leave the fitness world behind and look for opportunities in PR.

I hit the job search daily, sent out resumes and was quickly discovering that finding a job wasn't an easy task.  I was getting frustrated.  

That was when I found myself drifting back to this little blog.  Over the course of 6 months, I went from weekly posts to daily posts.  I wanted to talk about fitness and connect with others who felt the same.

After much reflection and discussion with family and friends, I realized that I didn't want to leave the fitness world.  I just wanted to do it differently.  I needed to find a way to marry my renewed love of health and wellness with my new interest in social media and communications.

After months of waiting for someone to knock on my door, I decided to build one.  It was time for me to create my own opportunity:  I could go into business for myself.

And that is exactly what I did.

Just a little taste of the website.  It should be up and running next week!








I am offering in-home personal training services, classes and consulting for fitness professionals.  I am beyond excited about this new venture and will continue to keep you updated.

I am not sure what the future will hold but I feel empowered, positive and hopeful.

What are you passionate about?  Have you created your own opportunity?

Stay Healthy, 
Tracy

P.S Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a fantastic cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails