Thursday, February 03, 2011

Vegan for a Week Challenge

Source
I am sure that many of you have heard about the episode of Oprah this week as she and 378 of her staff embarked on the challenge of living vegan for a week.

Well, the gauntlet has been thrown and my friend Morgan from Life After Bagels will be hosting a "Vegan for a Week Challenge" from February 7-13.

Morgan was kind enough to invite me to be part and my immediate response was "I'm in!".

I thought this would be a wonderful opportunity to examine that way I look at food and to be more aware of what I put in my mouth.

I am not a food blogger, so I will not be taking pictures of my daily fare.  Rather, I will be updating you on how I feel, any challeneges I might have and offer a post inspired by what I am learning as I go through this processs.

Sparked by this challenge, I started to read "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollen this week (which I will review in a later post) to help me get in the right mind set and prepare for next week.

Here is what you can do:
  • Head over to Morgan's blog for more details about the challenge
  • Follow along (or contribute) on Twitter using the hashtag #7daychallenge
  • Join us on Facebook
  • Blog about it, share your experience and ask you readers to join us

So, I only have one question for you:  Are you in?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails