Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Going Vegan, Day 3: Work-in Wednesday

Veggie Hummus Pizza
Now, I know I mentioned last week that I will not be taking pictures of my food for this challenge, but I am so proud of this.

I couldn't resist sharing my masterpiece.

A pizza made from scratch.  It was healthy, delicious and now, gone. :)

I have been so happy to read some of the great discussions surrounding veganism this week.

For many vegans, food is just one piece of the puzzle.  Susan @ The Great Balancing Act points out that many vegans are concerned with animals being hurt for our benefit.

Over with Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans, she wonders whether true vegans would be offended by this "challenge".

One of the reasons many of us signed up was to be more mindful of the food we eat and to better understand the vegan way of life.

Veganism encompasses a spectrum of beliefs.  For some, they are choosing to eliminate animal products in their diet simply for health reasons.  For others, their choices run a bit deeper and they have ethical and/or ecological reasons for going vegan.

I think there is room for everything in between.  Whether you decided to just go meatless once a week or shun all animal products forever, it is about learning more about yourself and your connection with the world around us.

Source
This brings me to the title of this post.

In the spirit of being mindful, I have declared today a day of rest and reflection.  No workout for me today, rather a work-in.

A day to take care of myself.  Perhaps with some meditation, reading, revisiting my goals or just journaling my thoughts.

It is so important to set aside some time for you and use that opportunity to do something that is going to nurture your mind, body and spirit.

Have you had any discussions surrounding veganism this week?  

What are you going to do today to take care of yourself?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails