Thursday, August 11, 2011

4 Stress-Busting Tips

Yesterday sure didn’t feel like a work-in day

I was working frantically to prepare for the Lakeshore Mardi Gras this weekend.

Stop by if you are in the Toronto area and say 'hi'!


















Thankfully, I think I am ready to go, but you know how many of my “me” time things I did?   

One.  More half half of one.

I managed to get in a 30 minute Turbo Fire workout.  No baking was done.  No new DVD’s bought.  No workshop sessions were picked.

And you know what?  That is totally alright.

I will get my quiet time soon, but yesterday it wasn’t meant to be.

Life doesn’t always go according to plan and we have to be flexible. I am not going to focus on what I didn’t do, I am going to try and look at all the things that I did accomplish.
                                                                                                             
A little positivity goes a long way.

In the fitness world we talk a lot about a healthy body, but what about having a healthy attitude.  A unhealthy attitude can often lead to stress.  Stress is one of the major factors that negatively impact your health (think weight gain, muscle soreness, fatigue).  Isn't amazing how everything is connected?

The best thing to can do to improve your attitude is reduce your stressors.  Here are some tips to help you do just that:



















  • Remind yourself that what you are stressing about is only temporary.  It too, shall pass.
  • Write it down.  Think about what it is that makes this thing/event/person so stressful and why.
  • Breathe.  When I get frustrated, I close my eyes and take three full, deep breaths.  Everything always seems a little bit calmer after.
  • Focus on the positive.  How can you take the situation that you have been given and turn it around?

Now, not all stress is bad.  Stress can help us work more efficiently and keep us on our toes.

However, many of us find ourselves stressed and tense on a daily basis, often about the same things (like if you day doesn't go according to plan.)  This is when these tips come in and yours...

    How do you manage your stress?  What do you do when life throws you a daily curve ball?

    Stay Healthy,
    Tracy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails