Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Warrior: CanFitPro Fitness Conference Highlights

It was a fantastic (and exhausting) weekend at the CanFitPro Fitness Conference.

After the last of my volunteer shifts on Friday morning, I was raring to go!  I attended 11 workshops in three days and I am feeling motivated, recharged and ready to apply what I have learned.

Stay tuned over the next few weeks as I will be dedicating a post to each of the workshops I attended ranging from nutrition for fitness pros to pilates on the ball. (Doesn't that sound exciting?)

Today, I wanted to share some highlights from the conference.






















The trade show was amazing and it was open to the public on Saturday!  It featured the latest and greatest in exercise equipmnent, clothing, supplements and nutrition.

There were workshops for anyone to try (including a really cool workout I tried using the TRX equpiment which I will post about later in the week :)

I also caught a gimpse of a few fitness celebrities.

























Tosco Reno was signing copies of her latest book, Just the Rules.  She definitely drew a crowd, there were about 100 people in line waiting patiently to meet Tosca (I was not one of them, I just snapped a pic).

























That (in the upper left corner), my friends, is Richard Simmons (or Uncle Richard, as I call him :) sweating to the oldies.  I wish I could have gotten a better pic, but I was really far away.  There must have been at least 200 people in front of me.

He is as enegetic and fun as ever, sporting his traditional stripped shorts and a multicoloured tassled top.  He had the whole crowd shimming to Lady Gaga.  Love it!



























I actually faired pretty well in the swag department (you know how much I like free stuff), but what I am most excited about is this new pilates DVD so I can learn how to use this...





















My friend Lisa also promised to share her pilates expertise and post some fantastic moves on her blog.

What did you do this weekend?  Exercise?  Relaxing with family?  Share, share, share!

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails