Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inner Fitness: Finding Your Happiness

I am working-in this week (I hope many of you are joining me too;)

During the #Fitblog Plank Challenge, I started posting my weekly workouts and a few of you asked me where they went, especially this week as you wanted to know exactly what a "work-in week"  looks like.

Ask and you shall receive.

I am going to take it one step further.  Along with my workouts, I am going to include what I call a "happiness" section.

Why?

It is just as important that we take care of our insides.  We need to approach health and fitness from a good place.  If you don't work on making yourself happy (and in turn, being happy with yourself), I believe that you will never truly get to where you want to be.

"Happiness" doesn't always equate to doing what is fun (although I certainly think you need to have fun), it can mean doing something that will give you piece of mind and contribute to your overall well being.

















 


Monday 
Workout: 4k walk, pilates with the flex ball
Happiness: Organize clutter 

Tuesday  
Workout: Swim, yoga class
Happiness:  Researching possible hobby (I am looking at taking a cake decorating class :) 

Wednesday 
Workout: Stretching, meditation
Happiness: Plan adventure for Labour Day weekend

Thursday 
Workout: Rest
Happiness: Give myself a mani/pedi 


Friday 
Workout: 4k walk, pilates with the band 
Happiness: Reading, long, hot bath 

Saturday 
Workout: Swim, hot yoga 
Happiness: Start new inspiration board 

Sunday 
Workout: Rest 
Happiness: Think about plan for next week

This is just a starting point, you have to remember to flexible with you program.  Do whatever feels good for your body and mind that day.

My entire approach to goal setting has evolved and I think think a daily/weekly plan fits in quite nicely.



















Here are a few other suggestions to help you find your inner happiness:

  • Get creative in the kitchen and work on some healthy new recipes 
  • Tackle your weekly budget 
  • Pamper yourself with a spa facial or get your hair done
  • Set aside 15 minutes or quiet time
  • Plan a vacation
  • Sort through your summer clothes and donate the ones you haven't worn

How do you find your inner happiness?  
What does your daily/weekly plan look like?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails