Instead of featuring my favourite blogs, (I talked about blogging yesterday :) I am going to show you 3 killer moves that will help your sculpt your lower body.
These are my favourite because they are compound exercises, which work more than muscle group at once. This means you can workout in less time and have more time to go out and enjoy your Friday night.
Do this workout twice a week and you will have a booty like J.Lo and legs like Britney in no time ;)
This is a great move as it targets your inner and outer thighs, glutes, quads, hamstrings and core.
- Try to get your bent leg as close to parallel with the floor as possible (adjust your gate as needed)
- Make sure that your knee doesn't go past your ankle
- Relax your shoulders
- Remember to breathe!
Hold for 30 seconds to a minute and repeat on the other side.
A squat may look simple, but this exercise is a very intense way to work your entire lower body
- Ensure that your knees don't go past your toes
- Engage your core by pulling your belly button towards your spine
- Make sure your back is neutral
- Try and add weights for an extra challenge
- Inhale as your lower into the squat and exhale on the way up
Do 1-3 sets of 12-15 reps.
|Modify the exercise by supporting your lower back with a foam roller|
The bridge pose is one of my all time favourites. You can really feel the workout in your lower back, glutes and thighs.
- Make sure that your knees are over your ankles
- Squeeze your thighs together
- Press your hips up towards the sky
- Roll on to your shoulders
- Inhale to lift up into the pose and exhale to lower
Hold the pose for 30 seconds to a minute and repeat two more times.
Which lower body exercises do you love?