Thursday, July 14, 2011

Exercise Review: Turbo Fire Sculpt 30 and Tone 30

I am still all over the Turbo Fire workouts!

Today, it is all about the muscle.  I am going to review the two todal body conditioning workouts.

I have to admit that I just discovered Tone 30.  I have been doing Sculpt 30 for a few weeks now and didn't even realize that there was another full body option.















This is a fantastic workout and a great way to squeeze in some full body resistance training when you are short on time.

What I liked about it:

  • Quick and easy to follow
  • Chalene is very motivating
  • Lots of compound movements

What I didn't like about it:
  • Could incorporate more abdominal and lower back work
  • Heavy on the shoulder and bicep work
  • Needs a longer stretch time














Overall, this is a pretty good workout.  I always finish feeling stronger and refreshed.














 This workout is very similar to the Sculpt 30 with a few modifications.  A great way to mix up your muscles.

What I liked about it:

  • Good variation in exercise movements
  • Music is fun
  • Great cueing for form and technique

What I didn't like about it:
  • Heavy on the shoulder and bicep work
  • Needs a longer stretch time














I liked this workout a little bit better than Sculpt 30.  I thought there was a better variety of exercises and I like that she incorporates more core conditioning.

The running theme in these Turbo Fire workouts is the emphasis on the shoulders and biceps and lack of stretching. I would like to see a little more balance between upper and lower body exercises in both of these programs.

I also think it would be great if they would incorporate more stretching at the end of the workout instead of the beginning.

Are you loving Turbo Fire.  What exercise DVD is your favourite and why?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails