Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Resolutions Refocused: A New Approach

You didn't think I would forget, did you?

























I know I am a few days late, but better late than never. ;)

After the discussion from my last post about resolutions and goal setting, I have changed my approach.  I realized that blogging about my goals wasn't necessarily making me more motivated to achieve them.

And that surprised me.

I love to write and share about all things health and fitness, but as I was reflecting on my previous entries, the act of documenting my goals on a monthly basis wasn't actually helping me stay focused. 

As a matter of fact, the task of thinking about long-term goals was more stressful than helpful.

When it comes to goals in this sense, I am more of a visual person.  As I mentioned, my inspiration board is what has been helping me the most.  Perhaps I will even create an updated version to reflect how I am feeling today.

That being said, I am going to revisit the topic of resolutions and goals every month and I believe this outlet is helpful for many of you and I am sure you have some great ideas to share.

For me, I am going think about it in a different way.



















Maybe it is the word "goals" I don't like.  I am not sure.

I do know we can't fly through life without some kind of "to-do" list or plan.  We need organization to get things done, from remembering appointments to getting a business off the ground

However, I am going to approach it week-by-week and day-by-day.  My to-do list that is a flexible and workable as I need it to be.

How about you?  How do you think of goals?  Long-term or short-term?  Would it be easier to think of them in terms of to-do's, tasks or a plan?


Stay Healthy,
Tracy

P.S. Did you miss any posts?  Here is a recap:
January: New Years Resolutions 2011
February: Resolutions Revisited
March: Resolutions Recharged
April: Resolutions Revamped
May: Resolutions Re-energized
June: Resolutions Rebooted: Goal Obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails