Friday, July 01, 2011

The Toronto Ribfest on Canada Day Weekend

Happy Canada Day!

In honour of the holiday, I thought a fun, celebratory post was in order.

Yesterday, it was a beautiful day so I decided to kick it off the long weekend at the Toronto Ribfest.

















It is so close by, I can't believe I have never been there before.

There were vendors, rides and music. I listened to a great band called Neverest.

















But it is really all about the ribs and they mean business.











































As I was trying to decide which fare I wanted to sample, the band mentioned that they went to this place.














So that is what I did and got myself a pulled pork sammie.

















And a tall glass of freshly squeezed lemonade.






















The pulled pork was amazing.  Very sweet with just the right amount of zing.  The lemonade was a bit sweet for my liking, but I downed it just the same :)

They had some pretty interesting treats too!

















Mama Pea would be proud.






















All in all, a great afternoon! Deep fried butter, anyone?

Are you going to any festivals this weekend?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails