Monday, September 26, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Latte (Not Pumpkin Spice)

Fall is finally upon us and I have to say, I love it.  It is the time of year for warm days and cool nights.  Perfect.

It is also the time of year when many blogs start to fill up with recipes that include all things pumpkin.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies and pumpkin lattes.







































I ventured to Timothy's the other day and decided to try one of these lattes that I have been reading about everywhere.

Much to my surprise, I really like it.

Here is my confession:  I have never really been a big pumpkin fan.  I didn't ever mind scooping them out and carving them into cool jack-o-lanterns.  Eating them?  Not so much.

However, I am finding as I get older (and more open to trying new things) I am starting to acquire a taste for the pumpkin.

I decided that I needed to immediately go home and try to recreate this latte. Well, I should have gone to the store first as I quickly found out that I didn't have any pumpkin, pumpkin spice or anything I might actually need to make this lovely drink.

Now, I really wanted a latte.

I managed to rustle up some milk, coffee, chocolate and peppermint.  That sounds like a great recipe for a fall drink to me!

I promise I will get around to making the pumpkin variety, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this as much as I did :)









































Chocolate Peppermint Latte (Makes 2 cups)

1 cup espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp cane sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 cup milk, steamed and whipped (I heated the milk and gave it whirl in the magic bullet)

Mix espresso, cocoa, sugar and peppermint.  Fill each cup about half way with coffee.

Heat and whip milk.  Pour into each cup, filling about 3/4 full.  Spoon foam on top and sprinkle with cocoa power.

Sit outside, drink and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Which one would you prefer:  Pumpkin Spice or Chocolate Peppermint?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails