Friday, September 09, 2011

My 3 Favourite Mind-Body Books

Thanks so much for your feedback about my last post about commenting and blogs, keep it coming (no pressure:)

I know that I worked-in last week, but I today I wanted to feature a few of my favourite mind-body reads.  These books have been on my shelf for many years and I find myself constantly using them as a resource, not only for my own practice, but to help me with my classes and clients.





































Yogaflows by Mohini Chatlani
This is a perfect book for me and my style of yoga.  I really like movement and breath to flow together and this book does it beautifully.  Mohini describes 12 vinyasa sequences with easy to follow illustrations.  She also includes breathing and meditation/visualization exercises.  What I like best about the book is the detailed description and picture of each pose at the end of the book and examples on how to transition from one pose to the next.

































 Energize Your Life: Release Your Natural Energy by Nic Rowley et al.
This book is divided into two parts.  The first section talks about the best ways to fuel our bodies.  There are recipes for healthy juices, meals and even cocktails.  The second section is about exercising for more energy using tai chi, qigong and yoga.  It is a fantastic one-stop resource to help you feel better on the inside and out.









































Pilates Body in Motion by Alycea Ungaro
This has been my number one resource ever since I started my pilates journey.  Wonderfully descriptive, this book takes you from the basic principles of pilates all the way to an advanced program.  Alycea does a great job of demonstrating the right and wrong way of performing each move and also includes checklists to make sure you are getting the most out of your practice.

Do you have any health-related books on your shelf that you go back to again and again?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails