Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crazy Fitness Gimmicks: What Were They Thinking?

It has been a while since I have scoured the Internet in search of the latest and greatest exercise gimmicks and my search did not disappoint.

Not surprisingly, I found many crazy contraptions and fantastical promises.  So today, I share with you three more fitness gimmicks in a post I have appropriately titled "What Were They Thinking".

















The Rhythm Rocker
Why would you ever have to stand up and shake your thing when it is much more fun sitting down?  You can do all of your favourite funky dance moves without ever having to stand up.  In fact, you will lose 7 pounds in 7 days!

I might even agree that you could get a core workout on the rhythm rocker, but a fat blasting cardio workout? Not so much. I would save my $100 and invest in a resistance band, some hand weights and an exercise DVD that actually requires you to get up and move.






































SpinGym
This gadget looks like a toy I used to play with as child and I am pretty sure that I didn't spend $30 on it.  I have to admit, I am not convinced that this is the "best upper body workout ever" like the infomercial claims.  The range of motion is limited and it seems to me that you can never add any more resistance to the exercises.

So lets say it actually does work.  I am not sure how this product is superior to weights or bands.  You can fit it in your purse?  How often do you take a piece of exercise equipment out of your purse and do your workout?  See the note above and invest in something you will actually use.
































Shake Weight for Men
I know I have already reviewed the Shake Weight, but I couldn't resist this one.  I am not really sure what makes the Shake Weight for Men different.  The colour?  Imagine for $30, you too can look like the models in the video.  Just look at the picture above.  Do you really think he looks like that from using a 5lb shake weight?

What is your take on these gimmicks?  Do you think they work?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails