Friday, September 16, 2011

My 3 Favourite Fitness Trackers

 It is a sunny, but chilly Friday here in Toronto.  I really love fall weather, lets hope it sticks around for a while ;)

My favourites today include some of the online tools you can use to stay motivated, track your workout progress and inspire you with exercise and nutrition ideas.

Even though I have adapted a different approach to goal setting and exercise, I still find it very helpful to track my workouts.  I also like to share my exercise successes with others and so should you!  Be proud of what you accomplish and don't be afraid to let everyone know about it.

Here are three of my favourites (and they are all free.)













































Dailymile
Dailymile is a fantastic tool for those of you who are on the move:  walking, running, cycling.  It will add up the distance that you travel and also estimate the calories you burn.  You can share your workouts with the Dailymile community, but also have the option to update on Twitter and Facebook (a feature I particularly like).

Not a runner?  Not a problem.  On Dailymile you can track and share all of your workouts including swimming, yoga and weight lifting.  It is also a great place to get and give support as you can comment on workouts and send motivations.  I use Dailymile, well daily, and I love it!



































SparkPeople
I have been using SparkPeople for many years and have been singing it's praises. As you can see from the image above, it does just about everything (except maybe doing the workout for you).

It is also a great resource for step-by-step exercises and healthy recipes.  The forums are an excellent way to stay connected and the point and trophy systems help keep you motivated to move towards your goals.























FitDay
FitDay was actually one of the first fitness trackers I ever used online.  In addition to having the standard diet, exercise and measurement charts, they have included a sections for you to rate your mood and journal your thoughts.  I am really impressed by this.  Being healthy is not just about food and fitness, it encompasses everything that makes you who you are.

SparkPeople and FitDay are very similar tracking programs, so you my want to try out both and decide which one is right for you.

Do you track your fitness progress?  Which tools do you use?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails