Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The 60 Minute Workout: Pilates/Yoga Flow

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.  From the sounds of it, it looks like everyone has had a cold/flu in the last few weeks. I am feeling better today, not 100%, but the show must go on!

I have decided that I am going to have a work-in week and give my body a break from vigorous exercise.  I think it is good for the mind and the body to do this a few times a year.  This week is my time (guilt free :).

However, just because I am taking the week off, doesn't mean you have to. :)

A few weeks ago, I shared with you a full-body, high intensity 30 minute workout.  Today, I am going in the opposite direction: A 60 minute, lower intensity workout with a focus on breathing, strengthening and stretching.

This pilates and yoga inspired workout will leave you feeling stronger, more relaxed and refreshed.

Note:  Remember to modify exercises as needed, drink plenty of water and check with your doc before you begin any exercise program.







Warm Up
Sun Salutations - Do sequence 3 times

Repeat each exercise 8-10 times

Workout
The Hundred
Single Leg Stretch
Double Leg Stretch
Roll up/Roll Down
Rolling Like a Ball
Bridge
Push Up
Side Leg Lifts
The Swan

Stretch
Cat/Cow
Child's Pose
Seated Head to Knee Pose
Seated Twist

How often do you practice yoga or pilates?

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails