Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Favourites: Fall Recipes

I decided that my Friday posts needed a better name.

I am also going to start mixing it up by featuring some one-on-one interviews so "My 3 Favourite..."  won't always fit. (More information about that to come!)

Fall is all about comfort food and I love it.

Last week, I shared some of my favourtite cookbooks with you and today, I am going to share some specifc recipes I have stumbled upon in my travels.  I hope you find them as scrumptous as I do! :)


























Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash
I had the pleasure of meeting Christine Cushing at the She's Connected Conference a few weeks ago and got a signed copy of her book, Pure Food.  In a word: love.  The recipes are glorious in their simplicity and this one is perfect for fall.  In case you don't have the book (you should really get a copy), here is the recipe breakdown:

1/2 butternut squash, cubed
1/2 tsp allspice,
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp butter
3 sprigs thyme
1 sprig rosemary

Preheat oven to 375.  Toss first 3 ingretients together.  Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, dot with butter and place thyme and rosemary on top.  Bake for 20-25 mins, stirring often.














Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie
Angela has so many fantastic recipes, it was hard to pick just one.  However, I saw this one the other day and immediately fell in love.  I made a few changes (I didn't have any chia seed or molasses), but it was still fantastic.  Try this one today, you won't regret it.













Apple Spice Bread with Apple Cider Glaze
Okay, I admit that I haven't actually made this one yet, but it looks heavenly.  Apples and fall go together like peas an carrots.  I want to devour everything Jenna makes and I am looking forward to giving this recipe a whirl.

Your turn!  Have you come across any amazing fall fare?
 
Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails