This is the first of a series of six Power 90 bootcamp-syle workouts and the predecessor to Horton's P90X. In my never ending quest to add variety to my workouts, I decided to give Sweat Cardio a test drive.
Many of you know that I am not exactly Horton's biggest fan, but I wanted to keep an open mind and see what the DVD had to offer.
Sweat Cardio 1-2 is a 35 minute interval training workout, which incorporates power yoga and interval training.
What I Liked
- Good warm up and cool down
- Core work was incorporated into the program
- The countdown feature, which shows how much time has past and upcoming drills
What I Didn't Like
- The music wasn't very motivating (although you do have the option to turn it off)
- Instruction was lacking in energy
- The exercises were very repetitive
There isn't really anything wrong with the workout, per se, I just found it a little boring and therefore, difficult to stay motivated to the end. Try as I might, I just don't find Horton's instruction dynamic or engaging and for me this is key when using a DVD for workout inspiration.
If given the choice between Power 90 and P90X, P90X wins hands down. (As long as I hit the mute button :).
Have you tried any of the workouts in the Power 90 series? I would love to hear what you think!