Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Exercise Review: Power 90 Sweat Cardio 1-2

You may recall in the spring, I scored some pretty cool yard sale finds.  Amidst my haul, was this DVD:


































This is the first of a series of six Power 90 bootcamp-syle workouts and the predecessor to Horton's P90X.  In my never ending quest to add variety to my workouts, I decided to give Sweat Cardio a test drive.

Many of you know that I am not exactly Horton's biggest fan, but I wanted to keep an open mind and see what the DVD had to offer.

Sweat Cardio 1-2 is a 35 minute interval training workout, which incorporates power yoga and interval training.

What I Liked
  • Good warm up and cool down
  • Core work was incorporated into the program
  • The countdown feature, which shows how much time has past and upcoming drills

What I Didn't Like
  • The music wasn't very motivating (although you do have the option to turn it off)
  • Instruction was lacking in energy
  • The exercises were very repetitive






















There isn't really anything wrong with the workout, per se, I just found it a little boring and therefore, difficult to stay motivated to the end. Try as I might, I just don't find Horton's instruction dynamic or engaging and for me this is key when using a DVD for workout inspiration.

If given the choice between Power 90 and P90X, P90X wins hands down.  (As long as I hit the mute button :). 

Have you tried any of the workouts in the Power 90 series?  I would love to hear what you think!

Stay Healthy,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails